Overview of the Role
This role deals with accounting and taxation for International business entities. You will be required to manage all incoming work-flow from your assigned client. Oversee all the activities performed by accountants. You will be the first point of communication for client. Main objective would be to achieve timely delivery of the client’s work with high accuracy.
- A commerce/ accounting graduate or Inter C.A with 2-5 years of experience working in KPO or with a chartered accountant firm.
- Good accounting knowledge.
- Ability to manage direct communication with client.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts.
- Expertise in software like MYOB, Xero, BGL and Class.
- Good Communication.
- Problem solving.
- Critical thinker.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work within deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly Organised.
- Operate, support and review the day-to-day accounting operations, month-end activities and processes for designated Australian clients.
- Collaborate with the supervisor and designated clients on their respective daily functions.
- Interact with the client via email and/or phone (if required).
- Perform day-to-day duties that include reviewing the accounting and financial reporting for the assigned clients.
- Effectively communicate all escalations to the supervisor.
- Resolve queries in a timely manner working around the established TATs (turnaround times).
- Strictly adhere to the SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Train new resources as and when required.
- Understanding processes and documenting them as detailed SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) as and when required.