Overview of the Role
Job purpose/mandate – To manage incoming work-flow from the client. Oversee all the activities performed by staff accountant. First point of communication for client. Main objective is to achieve timely delivery of work to client with high accuracy.
- A commerce/ accounting graduate or Inter C.A with minimum 3 years of experience working in US Taxation.
- Good communication skills.
- Require to communicating directly with client via phone communication.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good Communication – accurate e-mail drafting & verbal communication skills & command over English language to communicate with client directly via call.
- Problem solving
- Critical thinker
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work within deadlines
- Moderate level knowledge of accounting concepts.
- Detail oriented
- Highly Organised
- Able to manage 2-3 persons
- Must possess knowledge of tax software specially Drake, Lacerte and Turbo Tax.
Specific duties and responsibilities
1) Preparation, review and filing of individual tax returns i.e. Form 1040.
2) Preparation, review and filing of business tax returns i.e. Form 1065, 1120 and 1120S.
3) Managing and training a team of tax staff.
4) Adhering to internal work quality standards.
5) Effectively communicate all escalations to the supervisor.
6) Resolve queries in a timely manner working around the established TATs (turnaround times).
7) Strictly adhere to the SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
8) After completion of tax season, work on accounting clients Software Skills
9) Understanding processes and documenting them as detailed SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) as and when required.